What Do the Gas Station Fuel Pumps and Accessories Consist Of?
Posted on September 9, 2019
While setting up a fuel station for the first time, you may have dozens of questions. From planning the location for your gas station to buying the fuel pumps and accessories, it’s best to have some idea of what is essential and what will help give your business a competitive edge.
Since there isn’t much you can do to draw more customers to your station compared to your rivals, which makes every small detail count. The external appearance, to effective functioning and ease of operation, it all matters in a gas station business.
Pick trendy fuel pumps and accessories for your station
There are plenty of important pump accessories that you will need for the filling operations. The diverse range of equipment with varying designs available in the market gives you much to choose from. Here is a list of the most common fuel pumps and accessories you will need.
- Nozzles – these come with a variety of features. Conventional service station nozzles, DEF, truck, and high-volume nozzles, vapor recovery ones, etc.
- Hoses – Again, you will need to give thought to what kind of operation you need it for.
- Filters – there is a variety of filters available in the market like high flows, hydrosorbs, etc.
- Signage – This isn’t an operational element, nonetheless, you will need it for marketing purposes.
- Other dispenser accessories – You will need graphics and cosmetics for dispenser parts like PPU overlays, instructional graphics, octane decals, and so on.
- Caps and Adapter – Fill caps or vapor caps
Environmental cleanup and miscellaneous items that you need
Besides the parts related to the dispenser and tank monitoring, don’t forget other accessories like emergency spill kits, booms and socks, sorbent pads, pipe dope, and sealants. Also, the main source of revenue in most cases is not the fuel but the additional services that you offer at the station.
The other system that needs to be taken into consideration is the point of sale (POS) system. With the high volume of transactions that occur daily, getting a system that can work from the pump and inside the store. The other consideration is the EMV technology requirements and the deadline for stations.
When planning your budget, you must also consider expenses related to other services or shops that you plan to run at the station.
That would be a major source of income from the gas station. The aesthetics of your station should also be considered. Especially if you wish to draw more customers and establish your brand in this industry.
Gilbarco, Wayne, and Tokheim 39 gas pumps are some of the reputed brands that sell reliable and appealing gasoline parts. These offer you a wide design range to choose from.